When choosing a topic, it can be helpful to know which topics have proven successful in terms of the amount and quality of information available. Here are sample topics from previous semesters:
- Disney adaptations of fairy tales or 1 specific film
- The Grimm brothers, Perrault, or others who have recorded or written fairy tales (Our text includes original stories by Hans Christian Andersen and Oscar Wilde, for example.)
- Explore the historic and cultural trends that led to these tales being recorded after so many years of remaining in the oral tradition
- Sigmund Freud’s interpretations of fairy tales (or Carl Jung’s, or both)
- Witches, ogres, and or giants
- Film maker Terry Gilliam or Tim Burton
- Fairy Tale Illustrators (e.g. Arthur Rackham)
Which Dewey Decimal Category Are You?
We know you love your library! Ever wonder what it would be like to become a book? Where would you be in the library? Which Dewey Decimal number would you be given? Take this quiz to find out!
Mon.,Tues. 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Wed. noon - 8:00 p.m.
Thurs.,Fri. 8:00 - 4:00 p.m.
Collection Development Areas:
art, audiobooks, business, computer science, film, graphic novels, math, music, natural sciences, poetry, reference, sports, world history.